If you’d like to learn proper and safety rock climbing technique, enroll in a climbing class. At Vertical Spirit, experienced instructors will introduce you to the sport and help you make progress so that you can reach your goals. You can progress much more quickly this way than you went at it alone!
You start climbing from the very first lesson! None of the lessons contain theory alone. Each features demonstrations and practical applications, which means plenty of climbing! For proper apprehension of climbing technique and safety precautions, we recommend taking classes for at least 3 months.
- Age: 14 or above
- Level: beginner and intermediate
- Length of a class: 2 hours
- Contents of class: warming up, using the various types of holds, using your arms and feet, finding the right body position, the main climbing techniques, belaying on toprope and on lead, psychological aspects of climbing, what climbing-specific equipment there is, what safety precautions you must take in the gym, what risks rock climbing entails and how you can avoid them.
- Equipment needed: sports clothing, separate gym shoes ARE A MUST, climbing chalk – can be bought inside the gym, climbing shoes – can be rented inside the gym or, at first, you can use regular sports shoes as long as they are as tight as possible.
- When are the classes held? Year-round (including holidays), with the exception of Orthodox Easter, Christmas and New Year’s. You can start a class at any time – there are no preset start dates.
- Enrolling: only after making an appointment, by phone or e-mail, preferably 2-3 days before the desired date, so we can make sure we are available.
- Safety: entrance to the gym is only permitted after filling out a waiver through which you find out about the safety precautions you need to respect, the risks posed by sport climbing and you take responsibility for all your actions inside the gym. To download the waiver and read about safety rules in a climbing gym, access the page Safety.
ADULTS CLIMBING CLASSES FEES
|REGULAR CLASSES *||FEES||REDUCED FEES (students, pupils)|
|1 session||85 LEI||80 LEI|
|8 sessions/month||445 LEI||405 LEI|
|4 sessions/month of 2 weeks||285 LEI||260 LEI|
|LIMITED SIZE GROUP CLASSES**||FEES|
|1 session||100 LEI|
|8 sessions/month||515 LEI|
|4 sessions/month or 2 weeks||335 LEI|
|PERSONAL CLASSES ***||FEES|
|1 session||140 LEI|
|8 sessions/month||625 LEI|
|4 sessions/month or 2 weeks||435 LEI|
|* Regular – maximum 6 students per instructor; only Mondays and Wednesdays from 20.00-22.00.
** Limited Size Groups – maximum 4 students per instructor, anytime during the gym’s hours.
***Personal – one participant per instructor or a small group of 2-3 people, at the client’s request.
RENTAL EQUIPMENT FEES FOR ADULTS
|Climbing shoes or harness||15 RON / day||70 RON / month|
|Belay device + locking carabiner||5 RON / day|
|Locker for personal ítems||5 Ron / day sau 25 lei / month|
DISCOUNT 10% –for regular and limited size classes for minimum 2 members
|AT THE GYM PAYMENT CAN ONLY BE MADE IN CASH|
- Schedules for group classes or single person sessions are made depending on the clients’ options and the availability of our instructors
- Costs include: entrance fee or gym pass, tuition fee, safety equipment (harness, ropes, belay devices)
- Skipped sessions may not be carried over to another month. You can recover at most 2 sessions, as long as the instructor is available and only while your gym pass is still valid.
- For skipped sessions for which payment has already been made, the payment may not be redeemed.