Does your child climb all over the place and would like to try rock climbing? Has he already tried it, enjoys it and wants to practice it under the supervision of a specialized instructor?
At Vertical Spirit, children of all ages can discover and practice rock climbing in a safe and friendly environment. Climbing is concerned with confidence, persistence and focus, overcoming physical and, in particular, mental barriers, developing a balanced physique and, last but not least, adventure, joy, friendship and peer interaction. Climbing is not merely a sport and, through it, your child can learn about all of these things!
- Age: 5-14 years old
- Level: beginner to intermediate
- Classes contents: basic and specific warming up, introducing the gym and specific equipment, presenting the safety precautions, climbing on routes appropriate for the child’s age and level; learning and perfecting climbing technique with the help of various exercises and tasks.
- Length of a session: 2 hours
- Equipment needed: sports clothing, separate gym shoes ARE A MUST, climbing chalk – can be bought inside the gym, climbing shoes – can be rented inside the gym or, at first, you can use regular sports shoes as long as they are as tight as possible.
- When are the classes held? Year-round (including holidays), with the exception of Orthodox Easter, Christmas and New Year’s. You can start a class at any time – there are no preset start dates.
- Enrolling: only after making an appointment, by phone or e-mail, preferably 2-3 days before the desired date, so we can make sure we are available.
- SAFETY: Entrance to the gym is only permitted after filling out a waiver through which you find out about the safety precautions you need to respect and the risks posed by sport climbing.
- THE WAIVER for minors must be signed by the parent, legal guardian, coach or a person empowered by the parent, in the presence of the designated staff of the Vertical Spirit Climbing Gym. Download the waiver and read about the safety rules, by accessing the page Safety!
- THE CLIMBING GYM IS NOT A PLAYGROUND! It is strictly forbidden for children to play in the gym and adjacent spaces, running in the gym or on boulder mats, playing with sports equipment in the training area, as well as their presence in the gym in the absence of a parent, guardian or instructor.
KIDS CLIMBING CLASSES FEES
|REGULAR CLASSES *||FEES|
|1 session||80 LEI|
|8 sessions/month||405 LEI|
|4 sessions/month or 2 weeks||260 LEI|
|LIMITED SIZE GROUP CLASSES**||FEES|
|1 session||100 LEI|
|8 sessions/month||515 LEI|
|4 sessions/month or 2 weeks||335 LEI|
|1 session||140 LEI|
|8 sessions/month||625 LEI|
|4 sessions/month or 2 weeks||435 LEI|
|* Regular – maximum 6 students per instructor; only Mondays and Wednesdays from 20.00-22.00.
** Limited Size Groups – maximum 4 students per instructor, anytime during the gym’s hours.
***Personal – one participant per instructor or a small group of 2-3 people, at the client’s request.
RENTAL EQUIPMENT FEES FOR KIDS
|Climbing shoes or harness||10 RON / day||60 RON / month|
|Belay device + locking carabiner||5 RON / session|
|Locker for personal ítems||5 Ron / day sau 25 lei / month|
DISCOUNT 10% – for regular and limited size classes for minimum 2 brothers
|AT THE GYM PAYMENT CAN ONLY BE MADE IN CASH|
- Schedules for group classes or single person sessions are made depending on the clients’ options and the availability of our instructors
- Costs include: entrance fee or gym pass, tuition fee, safety equipment (harness, ropes, belay devices)
- Skipped sessions may not be carried over to another month. You can recover at most 2 sessions, as long as the instructor is available and only while your gym pass is still valid.
- For skipped sessions for which payment has already been made, the payment may not be redeemed.