Does your child climb all over the place and would like to try rock climbing? Has he already tried it, enjoys it and wants to practice it under the supervision of a specialized instructor?
At Vertical Spirit, children of all ages can discover and practice rock climbing in a safe and friendly environment. Climbing is concerned with confidence, persistence and focus, overcoming physical and, in particular, mental barriers, developing a balanced physique and, last but not least, adventure, joy, friendship and peer interaction. Climbing is not merely a sport and, through it, your child can learn about all of these things!
- Age: 5-14 years old
- Level: beginner to intermediate
- Classes contents: basic and specific warming up, introducing the gym and specific equipment, presenting the safety precautions, climbing on routes appropriate for the child’s age and level; learning and perfecting climbing technique with the help of various exercises and tasks.
- Length of a session: 2 hours
- Equipment needed: sports clothing, separate gym shoes ARE A MUST, climbing chalk – can be bought inside the gym, climbing shoes – can be rented inside the gym or, at first, you can use regular sports shoes as long as they are as tight as possible.
- When are the classes held? Year-round (including holidays), with the exception of Orthodox Easter, Christmas and New Year’s. You can start a class at any time – there are no preset start dates.
- Enrolling: only after making an appointment, by phone or e-mail, preferably 2-3 days before the desired date, so we can make sure we are available.
- SAFETY: Entrance to the gym is only permitted after filling out a waiver through which you find out about the safety precautions you need to respect and the risks posed by sport climbing.
- THE WAIVER for minors must be signed by the parent, legal guardian, coach or a person empowered by the parent, in the presence of the designated staff of the Vertical Spirit Climbing Gym. Download the waiver and read about the safety rules, by accessing the page Safety!
- THE CLIMBING GYM IS NOT A PLAYGROUND! It is strictly forbidden for children to play in the gym and adjacent spaces, running in the gym or on boulder mats, playing with sports equipment in the training area, as well as their presence in the gym in the absence of a parent, guardian or instructor.
KIDS CLIMBING CLASSES FEES
|LIMITED SIZE GROUP CLASSES**||FEES|
|1 session||120 LEI|
|4 sessions/month||380 LEI|
|4 sessions/month – FAMILY DISCOUNT***||365 LEI|
|4 sessions/month + unlimited subscription (does not include equipment)||450 LEI|
|8 sessions/month||580 LEI|
|8 sessions/month – FAMILY DISCOUNT***||560 LEI|
|1 session||160 LEI|
|4 sessions/month||490 LEI|
|8 sessions/month||695 LEI|
** Limited Size Groups – maximum 4 students per instructor, anytime during the gym’s hours.
Courses with 4 and 8 monthly sessions include safety equipment (harness, rope, belay device, carabiners).
The 4-session course does not include unlimited gym membership.
The 8-session course includes unlimited gym membership.
The course with 4 sessions + unlimited monthly subscription – is aimed at those who already have a basic level of climbing and master the safety maneuvers. Does not include safety equipment or espadrilles. It is rented separately.
CAREFUL! Children under 16 have access to the gym only under the supervision of the instructor or a parent. In the case of course subscriptions that also include unlimited entrances to the gym, access to minors under 16 will only be allowed under the conditions mentioned above.
RENTAL EQUIPMENT FEES FOR KIDS
|Climbing shoes or harness||10 RON / day||65 RON / month|
|Belay device + locking carabiner||5 RON / session|
|Locker for personal ítems||5 Ron / day 35 lei / month|
FAMILY DISCOUNT – for limited size classes for minimum 2 brothers or parent/s – child/children.
|AT THE GYM PAYMENT CAN ONLY BE MADE IN CASH|
- Schedules for group classes or single person sessions are made depending on the clients’ options and the availability of our instructors
- Costs include: entrance fee or gym pass, tuition fee, safety equipment (harness, ropes, belay devices)
- Skipped sessions may not be carried over to another month. You can recover at most 2 sessions, as long as the instructor is available and only while your gym pass is still valid.
- For skipped sessions for which payment has already been made, the payment may not be redeemed.